Saturday, May 12, 2012

Soul Dough



After finishing blogs for Zech's three older siblings, I turned to my wife and said, "What should I write about Zech?" She looked over to Zech napping on our bed, his doughy fingers still holding headphones to his ears. The look on her face said it all… all that we can't say. Unmistakable love, but there was also a wince of sympathy.
Zech is so 'much.' I don't know how to say it. Most all the time Zech brings us joy and energy and curiosity, but we as sinful human beings in our diminished capacity for love can only take so much before we find it taxing. Zech has the indefatigable ability to come to you with fond queries and desires until you can no longer respond in kind.
Heidi had a knowing look of compassion for a boy who will have the life long vocation of learning the hard way.
We pray regularly for the self-control, patience and wisdom that only God can give so that we can strengthen our boy the same disciplines. I can only imagine what God has planned for a boy who couples all of his natural talents with those learned through self-discipline.

1 comment:

MaryLou said...

I'd give anything to be able to be there and help carry that load of questions! I imagine Z has change lots since you were here in January...that seems very long ago! I love his blog background...perfect!